Looking for a reason to sample amazing wines and book a Temecula wine country getaway? Let’s be honest, most of us don’t need an excuse to pop open a good bottle (or three), but May 25th provides a surefire reason to do just that. Mark your calendar. . . it’s an entire day dedicated to the pleasures of wine and all of its splendor!
In order to fully appreciate this fine wine holiday, we’ve come up with a few fun, festive ways to celebrate this day—the Ponte way! Why not pour yourself a glass of your favorite Ponte wine right now and read on?
Ways to Celebrate National Wine Day
- Book a wine-themed getaway and spend a night (or two) at the Ponte Vineyard Inn! With numerous packages and offers for you to choose from, amazing dining options, and add-ons like a horse-drawn carriage ride, and/or a couples massage as part of our Concierge Services. To get started, contact Guest Services at (951) 587-6688.
- Make a reservation to do some wine tasting at Ponte. Surrounded by nearly 300 acres of mature vineyards, replete with views of rolling hills, we are a short drive from most of Southern California.
- Order up a few bottles of our 2019 Pinot Gris. This vintage is light- bodied and crisp, featuring a citrusy aromatic quality. Add a cheese board, and you’ll be ready for an at-home tasting party. While you’re at it, join our Ponte Wine Club so you’ll never miss out on our most current wine offerings.
- Try your hand at “blind-tasting” and start a wine journal. You can keep it simple by setting out two reds alongside two whites, for starters. Cover the labels with brown paper bags, pour a few samples, then see if you can guess which varietals you’re tasting. This is a great solo exercise for jotting down tasting notes, but it’s also fun to share with a pal or loved one.
- Shop for fun wine books and start a book club dedicated to all things wine. A few of my faves are Wine Folly, The Wine Bible, and What to Drink with What You Eat. Virtual meetings allow for an easy way to enjoy a book club, so pull up a seat and get your vino read on!
Our Ponte Vineyard Inn hospitality staff is ready to spoil you and your loved ones with top-notch service and elegant amenities. We wish you a very Happy National Wine Day—stay tuned for our next post. Saluté!