I have always thought of fall as a time of change and renewal. New colors in the landscape, a welcome change in temperature, and, from back in my school days, a new grade, new teachers and new opportunities to learn and grow. Change is certainly in the air in Temecula Wine Country. Harvest is almost complete and the vineyard is now flashing hues of gold, red and sienna. Days are still warm but a welcome chill moves in as soon as the sun drops behind our nearby Palomar mountains.
Some folks try and capture the feeling of fall in a pumpkin spiced something-or-other, but working in Wine Country has revealed more satisfying ways to enjoy the season. Last weekend, for example, Ponte Vineyard Inn lit the lobby fireplace for the first time since February, allowing couples to cozy up on a drizzly Sunday afternoon. Shorter fall days are finding guests sharing a glass of wine and watching the sunset or star-gazing around the Inn’s courtyard fire pits. And, we’re seeing a few more sweaters on the patio at Bouquet Restaurant. It’s a magical time in Wine Country and a perfect time for a fall getaway.
Relax by our fire pits, located in our courtyard just outside of your room or suite.
Need a little help planning a little “you” time in Wine Country? Try this…
- Check into Ponte Vineyard Inn while sipping a glass of bubbly (offered to all guests upon arrival!)
- Order a cheese plate and a bottle of your favorite Ponte wine to your room and watch the vineyard change colors from the balcony
- For dinner, walk over to The Restaurant at Ponte and enjoy award-winning al fresco dining
- Stroll back to The Cellar Lounge for a nightcap and plan the next day’s wine-tasting
- After a great night’s sleep and brunch at Bouquet Restaurant, taste at a few nearby wineries, so close to Ponte Vineyard Inn you can either walk or book a horse and carriage ride(why not?)
- Spend the afternoon window-shopping in quaint Old Town Temecula
Wine country brunch: Eggs Benedict with braised beef and duck fat potatoes. Don’t forget a Bloody Mary.
Whether it’s change… renewal… or just a desire to enjoy the beautiful fall season before the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I encourage you to plan a Temecula Wine Country fall getaway. Mid-week stays at Ponte Vineyard Inn start at just $176 per night for Wine Club Members. Book your room or suite here.